For some of you who are about to read what is to follow in this post, you are going to feel bizarre about the stuffs I’m writing. I’m feeling bizarre too that I’m actually doing this. Some of you may be able to resonate with these but some of you may dismiss this as hocus pocus, nonsense or whatever that crosses your mind, but I promise that I’m going to share this with people who are interested to learn about my journey towards reversing and healing my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA).
Remembering that I was traveling, alone (for the first time since diagnosis with RA 3 years ago), to Singapore to attend an energy medicine workshop, it was a course on Yuen Energetics.
I’m going to say that most of my readers have most likely not even heard of this before. Neither did I until I was first introduced to it by my naturopathic physician early this year. I was wondering what could be the reason that I was feeling basically good, physically – drastic improvements with no or less pain and without any drugs or medications – but my latest blood work I’d in March had not been showing any improvements when I was actually hoping to see clinical remission (since I’ve basically felt recovered to a great extent). She had me re-tested on bio-resonance machine, did several muscle testing and other works and reasoned that foods/diet was not really troubling me anymore, at least not as much than before. Except for a few items (such as banana, honey, caffeine, brussels sprout, etc) that showed up on the result as ‘mildly allergic’, I am basically cleared for most food substances including common offending foods such as dairy, gluten, rice, soy, etc. We worked on more tests to determine the possible reasons behind this and decided that I may need to work more on the ‘emotional’ or ‘mind body’ aspect of the RA. I’m fairly new to this concept and, of course, to the newly introduced energy medicine principles of Yuen Energetics. But, having faith that this might be the answer to the many questions I seek, I decided to follow the destiny and the road that is leading me on my journey for answers to RA remission. Without much hesitation, I joined the Yuen workshop.
The lessons of Yuen Energetics are abundant. Today, I’ll briefly touch on what it is about, its origin and also, very briefly, a shortened session covering the kind of stuffs that I’m working on myself with its principle for my issues with RA. With this background on my seeming fate with Yuen Energetics, this is the origin of Yuen Energetics.
Discovery of Yuen
Dr. Kam Yuen, a 35th generation Shaolin grandmaster and creator of the Yuen Method of Chinese Energetics, is the modern day equivalent of the ancient martial arts healing masters of the Shaolin Temple. The ‘Shaolin’ name has been taken from the 1,500 year-old Shaolin Temple in the Northern China. This is where the many of the basic concepts of human energy, exercise and martial arts were discovered and developed by generations of Shaolin grandmasters.
Anyway, his training began early in his childhood in Hong Kong. As a young man he mastered Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Praying Mantis, Seven Star Mantis and Qigong. During his training he developed an innate ability to detect and use energetic weaknesses in his opponents to his advantage. This talent brought him legendary fame in the Western World of Martial Arts.
His martial art career changed dramatically when he discovered that he could redirect his ability to find an opponent’s energetic weakness from an attack during battle to heal the individual by transforming their energetic weakness into a strength to eliminate pain. He discovered the healing process from his master teacher who had an unconsciousness healing talent. This discovery, in combination with his own innovative concepts and principles of energetic corrections lead to the creation of the Yuen Method of Chinese Energetic Medicine.
Energy and Yuen Energetics
A balanced Qi or Chi is the foundation or tool of Yuen Energetics. In other word, if the energy is circulating freely within the body, our mind and body will remain strong, fluid and stable. Yuen Energetics allows one to acquire the ability to interpret energy changes that allow one to identify the numerous unknowns and less obvious causes of pain that lead to dysfunctions and ailments by identifying weaknesses. This is similar to the concept of using muscle testing to identify underlying weaknesses, except on a more advanced level, where with practice, we will learn to ‘tune in’ to what is going on mentally.
With Yuen, we accept that anything and everything can be the foundation for abnormal functions whether we like to believe them to be the culprits or not. Some of these may include limitations, relationships, traumas, past experiences, fears, karmas and so forth.
In terms of pain, physical pain, whilst is felt in many parts of the body – joints, muscles, etc – these musculo-skeletal problems are the result of pain and not cause of pain, which may be referred by other parts of the body, the mind or events outside of ourselves. Therefore, pain is seemed as the nature’s way of telling us that something needs to be changed in the present state of being, probably on any of these dimensions – physical, mental, emotional, psychological, psychic and/or spiritual.
As in all healing, from a Yuen’s perspective it helps to facilitate the body, mind and spirit in their potential to return to its natural and original state of health, that is, the state of homeostasis.
A Brief Yuen Session with Myself on RA
How do I test for an energetic weakness and self correct for that weakness? With Yuen, the frequently asked questions are usually binary or multiple-choice-style questions, most commonly being “Is the energy strong or weak?”, “where is the weakness coming from?”, “is it internal or external?”, “is the pain localized or referred?” and so on. I shall leave this explanation to the pioneer of the Yuen Method, Dr Kam Yuen, himself in the YouTube video below about how to make an energetic correction.
Below are just some of the issues that I’d worked on earlier with Yuen:
- Weakness in synovial fluid and the synovium that surrounds the joint. Also working on strengthening the bones, tendon and ligaments, connective fibers/tissues, blood, cartilage and collagen.
- Correction to increase alkalinity pH and decrease acidity pH.
- Lymphatic system also tested weak. Lymphatic slowness/stoppage leading the body to experience beginning of infection/infestation and preventing clearance of inflammation/sluggishness. Each component of lymphatic system – lymph nodes, lymph fluid, lymph channels, lymph duct and lymph center strengthened to 100% potential.
- Relationship of lymph to kidney, liver, large intestine and urinary bladder, as well as salivary glands, sweat glands and lungs also strengthened.
- Cellular stagnation – the slowing down of circulation of energy and body fluids – also caused by the blockage in lymphatic system corrected.
- Disconnect from the collective consciousness of all the information relating to RA and strengthen to this collective consciousness and playing into the energy field of people providing these information. I want to stay as neutral as possible to this collective consciousness as any of these information received may consciously or subconsciously play the effects of placebo or nocebo into the mind.
- Tested weak on past experience. The history of being diagnosed as RA and the expectation of having it for life weakened the mental energy. Reset Mind, Body & Spirit to be 100% strong to the past experiences of being diagnosed and having it.
- Also weak on the expectation of having RA suddenly one day. Weak to that it may one day came as well to it may one day, go away. Strengthen and Reset to the ease and effortlessness and possibility that the RA may one day disappear/go away and that it is totally okay and acceptable that this to happen. So, strengthening myself to the expectation of not having it.
- The energetic weakness of the experience of the ‘first moment’ of having RA in the memory. Strengthen to the moment of having it and Delete this very energetic weakness to this memory from energy cells of the body to zero and minus infinity.
- Limiting beliefs tested weak. These came from self-imposed limitation as well as those caused by connecting with others who hold fast to limiting beliefs that play into my energy field. The self imposed limiting beliefs of “RA is a serious disease and cannot be cured”, “I can never get well or get better”, “Why is it so difficult to move another level forward with the healing process?” as well as the effects of other people’s minds/perceptions/beliefs that are weakening my emotions. Delete these limiting beliefs, disconnect from other people’s limiting beliefs and Strengthen and Reset the Body, Mind & Spirit to the series of removal and strengthening and amplify the innate ability of the body to tune in to the healing and regeneration effortlessly and with ease; including the physical regeneration of the body tissues, glands, cells, and molecules to be more evenly strong all the way up to the complete entire body structure.
Perceptions/Judgment of Self & Others
- Relationship with self need some strengthening and correction on some fronts – self criticism, helplessness, seclusion, resentment, grief and feeling less worthy.
- Eliminate to become free and independent of the memories of pain, burning sensation, swelling, inflammation and discomfort caused by RA as well as any residuals, remnants and imprints of these memories and mental memories of thinking, talking, touching and moving it. Release, Protect and Strengthen.
- Attachment was also tested weak. People tend to get so attached to things or any issues or incidents. On a subconscious level, I’d in one way or another, be attached to RA. The affinity also comes from my identity with RA. The identity of always attaching myself with RA and being the owner and founder of MyRADiary blog and related social media platforms as well as in all other aspects of life. Strengthen myself to the accepting and knowing that there is really not much I need to hold onto and all the accolades and signs that I carry, do not mean much and it’s time to let go of this attachment and identity. Strengthen myself also to the realisation that I can still offer help and all the things that I’m doing/sharing even if I no longer have RA; and it’s totally okay to let go of it.
- Finally, I deleted my expectation of the time needed for healing. Everyone believes that healing must take a certain amount of time and this is another collective humanity concept indoctrinated into my subconscious mind. So, the time expectation weakness deleted and strengthened and compressed to “now” – “I can heal now”, removing the unnecessary delays and negative expectation of time in healing process.
- Accumulative stress from not doing enough to get better
- Accumulative stress from giving out to others and having no time for myself and my well being
- Strengthen and Delete the past experiences of feeling stressed in life – career and high demanding job, being a mother and expectation of me as a woman and my role as a mother, miscarriage trauma and stress, stress of having to deal with expectations of others about how RA affects or changes me as a person.
- Disconnect the sensation of pain to stress.
- Guilt was also tested weak on emotional energy level and the weakness came from feeling guilty towards not doing enough for myself and my loved ones. Guilty for the reason of RA, my family is deprived of a lot in life that we can otherwise enjoy had I not have RA. Guilty for being sorry towards myself, my husband, my two children as well as the lost child, whom never make it to the world. And, also, the guilt of bringing upon such sadness that triggered the onset of the RA. Strengthen to having and not having these guilts and delete the weaknesses on the emotional energy level, and Reset Mind, Body & Spirit to the series of corrections and removals.
- Next, correction on the guilt of having so many guilts. And, also, the guilt of having no guilt when I’m having pain-free days, and when I’m having no sadness.
- Fear of using my hands and wrists, of moving them, of them being hurt; and these came from loss of freedom, loss of freedom in time, space and movements, and the feeling that both hands are being tied up by the weakening thoughts of RA and restrictions in resources.
- Fear of failure. This came from constant excellence achieved throughout the life and zero/minimal experience of failures in life. The fear of facing up to failures that leads to procrastination and fear of the unknown, fear of fear, as well as, fear of dealing with the past, present and future.
- Strengthen and Reset Mind, Body & Spirit to the presence of fear, which always happen as long as one is alive; and to the tenacity, composure, endurance, courage, faith, confidence, purpose, patience, physical aliveness, action and regeneration in all my bodily cells, atoms, molecules and all quantum level all the way up and be free, independent, released as well as be protected from these fears. Also, strengthening to the triad of Past, Present & Future.
- Insecurity also tested weak. Funny, it came about weak because of the resistance of going back to work. And it was about working the typical 8-to-5 rat-race kind of job that energetically weakened the insecurity and hence, the attachment to the RA. It probably does make sense that if I know that I have recovered from RA or in remission, I’d have to return to workforce and this probably holds back the release of the remnants or any residuals of RA, probably in the blood work.
- Strengthen to my values and free will about career and choices – enterprising, time freedom, and creative solutions that will work towards these values of finding the right/appropriate career that no longer contradicts the desired lifestyle. Delete whatever expectations I’ve remaining of me regarding career choices that I’ve to make to satisfy others and disconnect career expectations others have of me.
- Tiredness also needed strengthening to the reverse and effects of these tiredness deleted.
- Tired about having RA and also the very thought of having it and of it making my life miserable.
- Tired of crying, being sad, being worthless, being not normal but looks normal, being alone, being angry, being crazy sometimes, being self pity, being self criticism, pretending and trying to be strong or weak, being stuck, not being able to take back the past, being in the present state, being incomplete, missing out, needing help, needing company, dreaming of a life that can no longer be fulfilled, and also, being tired to feeling tired all the times.
- Finally, inability to forgive. The many situations where I need to forgive myself and others and have not been able to do so. Whilst everyone makes mistakes, it has been a struggle to forgive our own mistakes and all those of others. Unforgiveness does not make the offending party sick. It makes me sick.
- Strengthen my ability to forgive myself and others for my own benefit. To forgive myself for allowing the other party to affect my health and happiness. Forgive the other party of any harm he/she has caused me. To allow the other party permission to forgive me. To be thankful for the experience and lesson it has taught me and to see the good and positive in the situation, event and circumstance. And finally, strengthening to be more deserving of happiness. In every situation. Anywhere, everywhere, anytime, everytime. My Mind, Body & Spirit reset and resolved.
So, do I feel that I’m healed at the end of each session? I can absolutely feel the ‘shift’ but I cannot attest to myself being healed because I’m still a work in progress. [A side note, Dr Kam Yuen, does not use the word 'healing' this day because in his opinion, there is nothing to heal from in the first place (Well, this concept is still way beyond my comprehension for now).] This is a process. A learning process. I do not get too concerned with still being tested weak on many dimensions because as I work more on the energetic weaknesses, more will surface in time to be cleared.
The powerful principle of Yuen removes any expectations and emphasizes on the art of ‘neutrality’, which is a pre-requisite for doing anything in Yuen. Paradoxically, the more neutral you are about your healing results, the better results you tend to get. In fact, neutrality is extremely liberating and enlightening on a personal level.
Yuen Method or Yuen Energetics is a simple and yet advanced practice of energy medicine and energy psychology. It supports the popular families of holistic health practices such Reiki, EFT, Matrix Energetics, hypnotherapy, quantum jumping, acupuncture, meditation, yoga, and other methods. By applying Yuen principles simultaneous, practitioners of other methods usually see same results with themselves or clients in a much shorter time.
On a final note, I do understand that if you cannot resonate with any of these and do not think that they even matter in terms of working on your RA, do not be concerned by it. I cannot make it clearer that this is a protocol that I’ve chosen to work on myself and these specific issues are MY issues to work with, not anyone else’s. If you, perhaps, can resonate with these and identify one or more similar issues that are also matter or are relevant to you, then by all means, work on it using your energy medicine modality. Let’s say, if you work with EFT, then try tapping on some of these issues. Just give it a try! What is the worst thing that can happen? Nothing.