This is the second post or rather, continuation, of the topic on acidity-alkaline pH balance from my previous blog post titled “The pH & Health Equation: The Acid-Alkaline Balance and Its Role in Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis“.
I was pleasantly surprised when I was feeling extraordinarily energized during that period of time when I put myself on a very strict diet regime, one that totally removes animal fats and most grains. Seriously, I mean no red meat, chicken, seafood, wheat, oats, etc. I turn myself into a vegetarian for a while. No sugary foods such as chocolate, ice cream, desserts (and all girls’ favourites) and alcohol are allowed. My diet (image of my diet plan below) comprised only lightly steamed or wok-fried vegetables, green vegetables – raw or cooked, and very little fruits.
Since I placed myself on this diet, I couldn’t believe that for the first time after suffering from prolonged joint stiffness in the morning back then, I felt absolutely normal again. There were no painful sensations at any of my joints and my feet no longer hurt the moment they touched the ground. It was overwhelming and I could not believe the energy I was having. Ha, it felt as if I could kill a tiger!
Seriously, I think this is the power of alkalinity!
Alkalizing Diet and the Essential Greens
There are many alkalizing agents that assist in progressive alkalinization. Food that are high in potassium and green foods are particularly noteworthy.
The best way to alkalize our body for energy and metabolic detoxification is to impose a diet that include cruciferous vegetables, the essential greens; as well as whole fruits and one that is low in animal proteins. An ideal balance is a 70/30 ratio of alkaline foods to acidic foods. You will feel incredible by drinking alkaline water and feasting alkaline foods; and cutting down on acid forming foods such as animal proteins, processed foods, sugary stuffs, alcohol and so forth.
(a) Alkaline water
Here are some good tips about producing alkaline water include:
- Purchasing alkaline water producing units or ionizers for the household. A recommended unit is the Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0 Water Ionizer filter machine. This filter machine produces consistently high pH levels, antioxidant content, ultra hydration and smaller molecular clusters.
- Add 1/4 tsp of aluminium-free baking soda/sodium bicarbonate with a tiny bit of sea salt or Himalayan salt in your daily drinking water.
- Put lemon in the water with a tiny bit of sea salt or Himalayan salt and drink throughout the day. Since lemon has the potential to cause decay to your teeth, I suggest drinking the liquid through a straw. Lemon, by itself, is acidic but once it enters our body, it metabolizes and its residue is alkaline.
- Your drinking water can also be supplemented by adding powder from Matrix Alkali into your normal drinking water. It works to buffer the acidity in lactate energy systems which can limit cellular performance capacity.
- Drink one to four ounces of wheatgrass every day. Wheatgrass contains 70% crude chlorophyll, which being the green pigments in plants. It reduces the binding of carcinogens to DNA in the liver and other organs. Start with a low dosage and slowly increasing the amount over time. If you do not have ready access to fresh wheatgrass juice, the powdered form is the next best option to the real thing.
- Finally, enjoy a fresh smoothie of vegetable juice. This cocktail is known to be super alkalizing. Remember, for all juicing, avoid juicing with a blender or processor because the rapid movements will oxidize the chlorophyll, enzymes and phytonutrients.
(b) Alkaline food
Here is a comprehensive guide and list of acidic and alkaline food extracted from http://www.energiseforlife.com.
Energise was formed in 2004 and is the world’s leading authority on the alkaline diet. They have worked in conjunction with the world’s experts in peak performance and optimum nutrition, including Dr Robert Young, Tony Robbins, Joseph McClendon, Udo Erasmus, Stu Mittleman, Gareth Edwards and Ronnie Ruiz.
Take a moment to study the above Acid/Alkaline Food List Charts, what do you say about your diet? How acidic or how alkaline is your diet?